Future trends are manifesting much sooner than expected and is set to change the business environment significantly. How do you ensure that your organization remain relevant and agile in an increasingly competitive market?
This course explains the need for Senior Leadership to take a more active role in projects. It helps participants understand what is required of them and what to expect from a project manager to ensure that projects meet their needs and company profitability goals. Critical success factors focus on helping senior leadership do the right thing and use their time effectively when engaged with steering committees, project managers and project staff.
We are focused on an executive/strategic rather than academic/theoretical view of Project Management. This session has a focus on soft skills with real case examples supported with tips/tactics to ensure effective stakeholder communication.
- Have a greater awareness of current and future trends, the potential impact thereof and why this mandates a greater need for senior leadership engagement in projects.
- Understand current PM training methods and approach to Project Management, what is missing/not taught and how that affects Project delivery.
- Have a good, practical understanding of the role and oversight of senior leadership in conceptualizing, directing and closing out projects. Know your product and clearly define outcomes (End solution)
- Understand what you should be expecting from your project teams, what constitutes exceptions and how to manage it.
- Know what differentiates an exceptional project manager from a good or average project manager? Does your hiring practices stack up?
- Know when a project is really done and understand the role and views of contracting PM’s in this process.
- Be aware of the benefits of an audit of the organizations capacity to deliver and the need to improve skills, awareness and methods.
Your organisation will:
- Define Senior Leaderships role and expectations of the Project Manager and teams upfront.
- Define what constitutes success. Set the tone and know when and how to manage the exceptions.
- Improve coordination of inter-group and cross functional activity and ability to measure output.
- Optimize use of resource, reduce costs and lead time to operational deployment.
- Accurately measure customer/market feedback of product use against outcomes defined in the business case.
- Greatly improve probability of business goal achievement